These scones make the perfect treat for a ladies’ bible study, tea with a friend, gift for someone having a down day, or a special Saturday morning breakfast.
Cinnamon Chip Scone
- 2 cups flour
- 2 T sugar
- 1 T baking posder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cinnamon chips
- 6 T butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- In a bowl, thoroughly stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter till the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the cinnamon chips.
- Beat the egg and milk together in a separate bowl; add to dry ingredients, stirring just till the dough clings together.
- Knead dough gently on lightly floured surface, 12-15 strokes until smooth.
- Divide dough in half. Shape into ball and pat into a 6 inch circle, about ½ inch thick. With a sharp knife, cut each circle into six wedges. Place wedges on ungreased baking sheet (do not have sides of wedges touching).
- Bake at 425 degrees till golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Courses Quick Breads