Several of my Facebook friends have. It’s been so exciting this month to see the many things my friends have been thankful for each day. What they choose to thank God for may surprise you.
- A husband is thankful for his wife’s forgiveness.
- A mother is thankful that her special needs daughter took her first sip from a water bottle.
- A woman recently diagnosed with feet problems is thankful for her crock pot in which she has learned to fix steel cut oatmeal that is ready to eat as soon as she wakes up.
- A working woman is thankful for a slower day at work.
- Someone is thankful for the joy of baking.
- My sister is thankful for God’s kindness and faithfulness and for the ability to express her praise through worship.
- Many were thankful after the election for the freedom they have to vote even if they didn’t personally care for the results of the election and were also thankful that God is the ultimate ruler of the universe.
- A minister’s wife is thankful for the friends in her life who have become like family when her biological family lives so far away.
I’m really thankful so many on Facebook have been willing to share their faith and trust in God by stating what they are thankful for. It makes me think of the words from Hebrews 13:15:
“Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise, the fruit of lips that confess His name.”
My public thankfulness confesses the name of Jesus. And my God finds that to be a sweet aroma.
What are you thankful for this year? Who have you told?