New Year’s Resolutions have almost become cliché’. I and a lot of my writer friends choose instead to set goals for each year, checking back with ourselves at the six month mark of the year. This year, before I set my goals, I looked at several areas of my life:
1. What COULD I do?
2. What do I WANT to do/be?
3. What am I already COMMITTED to do?
4. What books do I want to read?
Since spreading the fragrance of the knowledge and grace of Jesus is one of my life purposes, I realized it would be good to set some goals to this end. While it’s wonderful when grace is a natural outflow of my life – that’s the way it ought to be – I think we can be intentional about passing forward the grace of God. So here’s my question:
How do I plan to spread the fragrance of Jesus to those around me?
This isn’t easy.
Here are some preliminary goals.
1. Finish and submit to a publisher my historical novel, “Ties That Bind” that focuses on the concept of grace.
2. Start a women’s bible study. Invite at least two women who are new believers or gospel seekers.
3. Personally interact on a deeper level with children at our church’s midweek children’s program, at Sunday morning worship or out in the community at least once a month.
4. Reach out in some way to two different needy families and/or widows with a physical gift or help which they cannot repay.
5. Pray for divine opportunities to connect and share the gospel message with the two international families who live in our community.
How about you? How do you plan to spread God’s fragrance of grace throughout 2013?
Leave a Reply