I’m making lists of things I want to see!
I’m getting so excited! The lens with a weaker prescription is now on order. Just a few more days until I reap the promise of better vision than I’ve ever had before.
I confess, I’ve stayed awake at night wondering what it will be like to see better and dreaming of what I want to see and do once I have that better vision. Can I share my lists with you? Here goes.
Ten Things I Hope To See Better
2. A deer standing on the side of the road
3. The intricate structure of a rose
4. The diamonds in my wedding ring
5. A bald eagle
6. A covered bridge
7. The Northern Lights
8. A monarch butterfly
9. The paintings in an art museum
10. An airplane taking off and landing
Ten Things I hope I can do with improved vision
1. Ride a bike around town.
2. Drive a golf cart or all-terrain vehicle
3. Pick up dropped stitches in my knitting without asking someone for help
4. See the dirt and dog hair on my kitchen floor so I can do a better job of cleaning
5. Recognize faces better so I can be more friendly to first time visitors at church
6. Read name tags at conferences
7. Work for three hours at a time at my computer without eye strain
8. Ssmooth out caked makeup foundation on my face.
9. Get through Walmart without bumping into other people’s shopping carts.
10. Get a basketball through a hoop.
Fifteen U.S. destinations I want to see or see again
1. Old Faithful Geyser in Yellowstone National Park
2. Mt Rushmore
3. Shedd’s Aquarium in Chicago
4. Niagara Falls
5. Grand Canyon
6. Downtown Cincinnati
7. A lighthouse on the coast of Maine
8. Independence Hall In Philadelphia and Ben Franklin’s Memorial
9. Old North Church in Boston
10. Seven Falls in Bear/Sabino Canyon, Tucson AZ
11. Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
12. The Redwood Forest in California
13. Mt Rainier in Washington
14. Deluth, Minnesota (it’s the farthest point north I would have ever been.)
15. Mackinaw Island and Lake Huron in Michigan (Maybe that’s farther north than Deluth, MN?)
16. Somewhere in Wisconsin just to say I’ve been there.
I know. Even with 20/20 vision, many people haven’t been to the places I want to go. There’s plenty of beauty and things to see and do right here in rural Western Illinois. Until I have my chance to travel, I’ll appreciate what I have right here in my own community.
Ten Things I’ll appreciate right here in my corner of the world
1. Corn tasseling
2. Frank Anderson’s 75 varieties of day lilies in his back yard.
3. Autumn leaves on the Spoon River drive
4. The faces of familiar friends half way across a room.
5. The detail on my grandmother’s one hundred year old china plates
6. Fireflies in the park.
7. The intricate detail, variety, and ever changing nature of clouds
8. The way light makes food glisten – have you ever noticed that?
9. The decorations at my church’s upcoming VBS. Before? Out of sight, out of mind!
10. Water streaming off of someone after they’ve been baptized into faith in Christ.
It’s your turn.
Sight is a marvelous thing. God has stuffed our world with things to see. The better our vision becomes, the more detail and intricacy there is to see. Microscopes and telescopes proved that to be true.
If you could see better or go beyond the limits of what you can see right now, what would you like to see?
Now, look around you. What do you see? What ten things do you appreciate that you can see, hear or touch?
Tell us what you see.
Leave a Reply